Saturday, January 03, 2004

I want my wife K to start posting in here in blogland. We'll set it up so you can tell who is who with some color code or something.

We are slowly but surely raising funds for our trip. People from all over are announcing it and sending out mass emails. So far we have raised almost $1700!

I do thank you, all of you that have been donating.

I'm still a little nervous about going. But you see, I live in a large US city and when the hour struck midnight there were guns fired everywhere. That, and nightly gang-related shootings. Granted they are not bombs and suicide car attacks...
I'm just trying to put it in some perspective, maybe to make myself feel better. But I am convinced now that I have to go.

I'm really curious to read some of K's thoughts and ideas about our upcoming (always say Inshallah) trip to Iraq.