Sunday, January 18, 2004

My mother calls me sounding frantic and stern. I knew what was coming next. Are you watching the news?!
I had been watching the news about the bomb in Baghdad, but I did not feel like discussing this issue anymore. I knew what she was going to say. So I told her that I had watched some of the news and now I was sitting at my computer. Which was the truth, err, sort of. I did not want to admit to my mother that I was flipping around watching live coverage of the bomb blast from every major news agency courtesy satellite tv. So I played it down. Which enraged her even more.
Go turn on FOX TV and look what is happening! They are dead! The men are bleeding in the streets! Look at the blood! What are you doing?! I had a dream about Joodu (Grandfather)!
ahh no. Don't bring up dreams about our poor dead Grandfather from Baghdad. I told her I had to go and hastily got off the phone. I looked at my wife and asked her if she still wanted to go to Iraq. She said yeah I'm ready lets go!
There it is. As long as my father says it's okay then I go.
-U