Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Live from Baghdad-

today is Feb. 4, Wed. 2004

The time on these Blogs are from Chicago so ignore that. It's almost 12:00 pm here in Baghdad.

Let me describe the typical Baghdadee breakfast we eat every morning. There is always tea brewing and warm Samoon (Iraqi bread). There is cheese, some oranges that we pluck from my Uncles yard. Some dates and of course there is always Libna (yogurt with olive oil) thay we dip our bread in. But my favorite is Gamar (a kind of white cream you spread on your bread) and Dibis (a syrup made from the date/palm trees0. Very delicious!

The day before yesterday we went to my cousin's Tareef's wife's family house to have the first day of Eid dinner for Shia. There were large plates of Pacha. let me explain Pacha to you. It is basically the head and feet of the sheep, usually with Khabooz soaking in

oh shit power is about to go

bye