Monday, February 09, 2004

BAGHDAD:

It's in me. Iraq is in me and all the memories of my past, my childhood the things I've wanted to return to are once again swarming in my blood. So the cycle, to be cheezy for a second, is complete. Salam says why not go hang out in Beirut first or spend more time in Jordan? And he is correct. I have not returned to the Middle East in 24 years and I come back to Baghdad today? Yes, not the smoothest transition but that is never my personality. I've always been a bit extreme and will continue to be.

The troops are still outside. I want to approach the US soldiers and say what's up? But I don't want to appear as if I know them or anything. Besides they look jumpy and they are targets.

Please no more tea for me.

A few more days Inshallah and we will make the hellish drive back to Jordan.

Ya Allah...