Tuesday, January 06, 2004

I am trying to stay optimistic but even salampax says things are not looking good when I asked of the current climate in Baghdad. My father can be a risk taker and I'm willing to go. Of course I am swayed by the symbolic gesture of the two of us entering together after so many years being away. My return will probably be a bit more abstract then his...well in a sense. Of course I will see many relatives and cousins that I played with when I was young boy in Iraq.

There is mixture of encouragement and weariness from some of the people I have told.
I'm not afraid of people. As my sister would say, and she's correct. People in Iraq are wonderful. But then you have this animosity of what is perceived to threaten Iraq.

Some of the US soldiers seem really respectful and genuinely good...others not so good.